Thread: What's for TEA?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 05:11 PM
rebel in black

Default Re: What's for TEA?

I didn't make any Chrismas dinner (or lunch or anything...), but I did want to make something special for me anyways. I found my really really old recipy collection and found this broccoli/carrot paté recipy so I thought I'll give it a try.

Boil carrots until soft, mix with eggs, some creme fraiche (something like double cream?) and some salt, drain and when cooled, make into puré. Boil broccoli and some leek but not too soft, drain, add eggs, creme fraiche, salt, black pepper and some grounded nutmeg, make into puré.

Take a ovenform (or whatever you call it), line it with clingy plastic and brush with oil. Scoop half the broccoli stuff in the form, then the carrot stuff and then the rest of broccoli.

Put tinfoil over, bake in waterbath for 1 hour, 170° C.

The result was a bit dissappointing, it wasn't as solid as it was supposed to be, and the taste was very bland. In the olden days they hadn't heard of herbs and it would've been much better without nutmeg.

I've done similar with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, looks like an Irish flag and it tasted much better. I really should dig that recipy from somewhere...

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall