Thread: being single
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: being single

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDog182 View Post
I think there is also the fact that if you date within your network of friends, then if stuff goes wrong then it kinda feels awkward for what time you have left especially at uni. Saying that, I thought i'd see both my ex's every day at uni after splitting with them, but I never saw them again really. Definitely fairplay.

In a way, you gotta have been in like maybe one or two mini relationships or whatever so that you can appreciate the one you are in when you finally do meet someone............I guess that's all to do with gained confidence and knowing your 'way' around the opposite sex now that you've had some mistakes/successes. Obviously sometimes it doesn't happen like that at all, though.

I just feel sorry for full blown religious types (I am thinking christians) because just being 'good' is not enough. I mean, Christianity is at an all time low, surely.

Yeah, for me, being in those mini relationships has made me reflect on my life more than anything else. I enjoy standing on my own two feet, and most definitely don't need someone jibbing into my life right now. I still try and look out for girls like a motherfucker though.

Oh and plus, my mate had just dumped one of my housemates for next year based on the fact that he is 'too nice' and she is scared that she will walk all over him if she goes out with him any longer and that this isn't fair. To test this, she kissed this 40 year old guy infront of him or something, and dumped him when he didn't get angry about it or anything saying 'we'll sort it out'. Talk about taking liberties.

The girl I was out with last night said 'You can go out with 2 types of guys: the nice ones who are boring and the dickheads who are exciting'. And I was like, yeah, "so this means i'm boring right?" And she was like, nooo. This makes me a dickhead?

It's just like, nice guys always get a shit rep. The nice guys are the ones who are normally the closet freaks and the ones who are actually the most fun.
What do you qualify as a "mini-relationship," any relationship that doesn't lead to engagement or what?

And why do you say you feel bad for religious types? Surely they can find and hook up with other equally religious types. To anyone having trouble finding friends/significant others because of their strong Christian beliefs, I recommend moving to North Carolina. At my uni (and throughout the entire state) you really don't fit in if you aren't Christian. And it seems like most of the cool social things to do are sponsored by student religious organizations, Grace (a sort of on-campus church for students), Campus Crusade for Christ, etc. It's important to note, I think, that I go to a public school.

I'm in kind of an awkward situation where I am not in any way Christian, thus making me an outcast with that crowd, but I also don't go to clubs or parties or things of that nature, which makes me not really fit in with the rest of the college crew.

That girl who broke up with the guy for being too nice is a 'tard.

Ditto for the girl you were dancing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
FATASS