View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 AM
rogue slayer

Default Re: 2008 Resolutions Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo105 View Post
of course time is a construct but it's something on which we all operate and i'd be willing to argue that humankind NEEDS milestones and markers, and the changing of the seasons and a cycle around the sun is as good as any hmm? years definitely mean something in that sense. humans need rhythms.
what load of shit, people can't bear to quit smoking or whatever it is they want to do so they promise that they will do it on new years and they never do and then they "resolve" to do it again the next year.

if you have resolved something in your head you should start now, not on new years, you might have changed your mind by then.

Quote:
besides, i don't plan to work in a hospital at this very moment but i know it's something i want to start doing sometime later on in the next year or so. so that's that. and pancakes, well, that will come. i hope. god, i hope.
since yours is a goal to work in a hospital sometime next year - i'd have to say that is simply a goal, and not a new years resolution. since you've already decided to do it, it is a goal you have NOW, a CURRENT goal, not a new year's resolution.

THE BOARD IS TOO WIDE
TEMPORARY BOYCOTT