Thread: Seriously..
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Judge Mental

Default Re: Seriously..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy View Post
I think if you are feeling like you "shouldn't" go, then that is pretty much a sign that you should. I am guessing (totally guessing, I may be wrong, but let me hypothesize) that maybe it's not actually like you feel like you shouldn't, but that you are afraid of what will happen if you do. And, that what you are afraid of is breaking down or losing control of your emotions in some way, in front of another person/other people. Which is understandable, but the thing is, if that does happen, it will be totally OK, and actually might help. So go.
Thats definitely part of it although i probably didnt realise that until you just said it! That was remarkarbly astute of you and that was some damn good advice so thanks for that, peachy. I am going to go but i hope i get referred to an individual counsellor
But its also the group thing that bothers me - it bothers me:
a) because i feel i need some experienced counselling as opposed to sharing with others with similar experiences
b) I feel like i would be wasting their time as all the others would be wanting to sort their issues out. My situation isnt as simple as a relative dying there is a bit more to it and although i'm sure i wont be the only one who says that but I dont wanna hog the limelight or take too much time in explaining the situation, i would rather have one persons undivided attention.
c) I think once i start talking there will be other (non bereavement related) issues that are going to come out.
d) i dont think i will be much cop asking the right questions or listening when other people are talking.

Am i being unreasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosta View Post
give it time, we will go in wonderous directions. mainly calling people cunts.

www.beastiemixes.com/Guy Incognito

Last edited by Guy Incognito : 01-20-2008 at 05:33 PM.