View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:27 AM
Sheriff of Nottingham

Default Re: NAS - WHAT IT IS

reason is a little synthesizer/sampling/sequencing program that runs about $400. it's kind of a toy program. when i was in high school and around that general age everybody who made beats and stuff or thought they were hot shit were all like "yeah man, i use reason" acting like it was what the pros use, like a pro version of fruityloops or something. i bought it a couple of years ago, and i still use it when i'm making demos and stuff, basically for the midi, but the fact of the matter is it's really like a toy. it even sounds like plastic, literally. 95% of the times you can spot something made on reason about 1,000 miles away, because it has this instantly identifiable, somewhat (read: extremely) cheesy sort of sound. now, i won't say professionals don't use it- obviously they do, but again, as kind of a toy. kind of like using a karaoke machine for vocals or something. again, alot of people use reason, but its a really silly little program. i heard that To The 5 Burroughs was produced mostly on it. sounds like it. we make fun of it at the recording school alot, even though we all have owned a copy at some point, and most of us, including me, still use it every once in awhile. though i refuse to use midi on any of my real stuff.

point is, you can use retarded little programs like reason to do amazing thing- it isn't the program that matters, it's the person using it. i mean, i'm on protools, but i still use acid 5.0, which is a low-grade program, but i'm comfortable on it, and i can make things that sound good on it. so, more power to people who can do shit like that on reason- i just kind of LOL pompously to myself whenever some kid acts like they're the shit because they use REEASSONNNN.

and fruityloops is still better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
What I find weird is when big burly men (usually from Yorkshire) call other men "love". Most of the time they don't even remember to say "no homo", it's like WTF?!?/?

Last edited by Auton : 02-26-2008 at 01:30 AM.