View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 AM
How It Is

Default Re: NAS - WHAT IT IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auton View Post
reason is a little synthesizer/sampling/sequencing program that runs about $400. it's kind of a toy program. when i was in high school and around that general age everybody who made beats and stuff or thought they were hot shit were all like "yeah man, i use reason" acting like it was what the pros use, like a pro version of fruityloops or something. i bought it a couple of years ago, and i still use it when i'm making demos and stuff, basically for the midi, but the fact of the matter is it's really like a toy. it even sounds like plastic, literally. 95% of the times you can spot something made on reason about 1,000 miles away, because it has this instantly identifiable, somewhat (read: extremely) cheesy sort of sound. now, i won't say professionals don't use it- obviously they do, but again, as kind of a toy. kind of like using a karaoke machine for vocals or something. again, alot of people use reason, but its a really silly little program. i heard that To The 5 Burroughs was produced mostly on it. sounds like it. we make fun of it at the recording school alot, even though we all have owned a copy at some point, and most of us, including me, still use it every once in awhile. though i refuse to use midi on any of my real stuff.

point is, you can use retarded little programs like reason to do amazing thing- it isn't the program that matters, it's the person using it. i mean, i'm on protools, but i still use acid 5.0, which is a low-grade program, but i'm comfortable on it, and i can make things that sound good on it. so, more power to people who can do shit like that on reason- i just kind of LOL pompously to myself whenever some kid acts like they're the shit because they use REEASSONNNN.

and fruityloops is still better.
then whats the point in mentioning reason / laughing in the first place?