View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: so i want to beat the crap out of one of my friends ...

don't do that! maybe just steal the bottles. if you go all crazy with them, she won't take you as seriously, she'll just be angry with you.

this is funny, but I'm concerned enough about this to have just called my friend who's a social worker/therapist. she hasn't called me back yet, but I thought I'd say what I think.

I think that what's happening is bordering on abuse and is wrong. there's also a little something wrong with a woman who wants to hang out and drink with a 15 year old 3 nights a week. I'm not saying any of it is intentional though.

I think you should definitely talk to your friend and see if something's going on with her, that she thinks this is a normal thing to do. she'd gotta have something missing in her life that is oddly filled with socializing with teenagers and getting them to like her with alcohol.

I think it's wrong to stand by and do nothing. alcoholism is a serious thing that destroys people's lives. If this girl is already growing dependent on alcohol it is a serious situation because it's getting imprinted as behavior that alcohol is necessary to cope.

your friend is the adult, this 15 year old is a child who is absorbing the world around her in order to learn how to function as an adult, she needs to remember that.

sorry to ramble, I just got really upset by squirrel and wench's comments. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Last edited by Dorothy Wood : 09-16-2008 at 10:40 PM.