View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: The Family Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by funk63 View Post
Well, alotta gay guys fuck girls right? And Lesbians fuck guys. That is, before they come out or whatever. When your options are limited, anyone has the capacity to have sex with someone of the same sex. Yes, you!(person reading this)
Just look at all those hardened criminals in prison that do it. Id like to see someone call one of them a faggot, ha!
Bottom line is sexuality isn't determined by what you do or even who you fuck, Your born with a specific sexual inclination. And from my experience straight guys tossin around faggot usually either arent very secure with themselves, or are just plain homophobic. So which is it?

I'm not sure if you're addressing my joke or the homophobia stuff or what. my joke is making fun of homophobia...I think. and I guess it doesn't really translate, as some of the humor in me telling it is that I'm a girl and not a guy. maybe it doesn't work typed out.

as far as what's going on in here and a lot of places really, I don't think it's homophobia so much as ignorance. the whole "you're gay" used as an insult is in itself offensive, because it leads you to believe that being gay is wrong. and it isn't, but for some reason it's still a thing that will get a man riled up. and the more riled up they get, the more it seems as if they hate gay people. but I'm not so sure it indicates hate more than fear, actually.

it's like in high school when this one kid would call me a "jew" because he wanted to insult me, I wasn't really offended because I don't think being jewish is a bad thing. I was simply confused and said, "well, actually, I'm not jewish, but think whatever you want". no fear no hate no insult.

that being said, it is pretty unsettling to have a photo of you taken and edited to appear as if you are fellating someone. it happened to me years ago and it wasn't cool, I felt violated.

and now, a photo of me with a t-shirt and a scarf for gareth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.