View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Default Re: Genius Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazi View Post
are you so sure about that? a lot of the redneck mouthbreathers out there in the media are using this same line of justification, however their argument falls flat in that the stimulus package was something that obama campaigned for very recently, travelling to both indiana and florida. it's the most crucial, defining aspect of his presidency thus far. the mouthbreathers weak line that it's congress' bill and not obama's is ludicrious. i suppose then that every piece of legislation in the next four to eight years will have nothing to do with obama? please. regarding the chimp that was shot recently too, i'm not sure i'm buying that also. this comic afterall was published in the new york post, one of the most sleaziest, right-wing sensationalistic tabloids.
what is it about the chimp that you aren't buying? like I posted earlier, did you notice the "Beware of Dog" sign in the cartoon? that was from the scene in Connecticut.

Political cartoons use current events and broad sweeping generalizations to get their points across.

did I think it was funny? no
did I think it was insensitive? perhaps
did I think it was racist? absolutely not.

to answer your question, sazi, no I'm not sure. I'm an average reader with an interpretation of the cartoon. it's the NY Post.

If the monkey had the word "Congress" written over him in true political cartoon fashion, or if the artist never used the word "stimulus bill" this would never have been an issue.

but the mere fact that president Obama is tied to the story, it's a veiled racist attack on the president.

PC run absolutely amock.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.