View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Battletoad

Default Re: The Family Album

I'm sorry but international football tournaments are much more exciting than watching MLB. I'm a Jays fan and all but christ, with only eight teams making the playoffs, I can hardly care about baseball after the end of August. MLB playoffs always consist of the following:

1. The Yankees
2. The Red Sox
3. Anaheim Angels
4. Some Cinderella team who sometimes beats the Yankees.
5. Completely random NL teams who go from first to worst in three years or less.
6. Up until a few years ago, the Braves losing games they shouldn't.

If they did something more interesting like maybe the top team in each division plus the next four best teams and had more teams playing in the playoffs, I might give a fuck. But no, every year it's simply a question of AL East vs. NL Random team. I don't want to watch the Yankees or Red Sox.

Meanwhile, international football is fucking incredible. Yes, there are stock teams and events, but it's very fucking satisfying to see England and Brazil lose, the latter of which rarely happens. Anyways, more teams get a chance to play big knockout games, and it's only one game, not seven spread out over a two week period.

FIFA>MLB, even UEFA>MLB. And I'm fucking Canadian and have no ties to soccer whatsoever.

World Series champs? I bet that Cuba could field a team that would rape the Phillies.