View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 02:32 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Quick Question - Resumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
My CV (Curriculum Vitae, your resume equivalent) is two pages and one size fits all. I print it on one page though but I generally ask the company can I email a .pdf of it to save on paper.

I think most people here keep it to two pages as well. I struggled getting how awesome I am on two pages even but its interesting to note for me that most expect one page over there as one day I may want a job in the states.

I'm unemployed atm tho.
we do CV's over here too, but mainly for fancy jobs. where I teach, they ask for a basic 1 page resume, then make you fill out an application with short answer questions, then at the end you can put a list of applicable experience. which I copied an pasted from my resume, plus some extra stuff.

I see a lot of "catch all" resumes where I work (at my other job), and seriously...they mostly all suck so bad it's unbelievable. I just scan them and if I see one typo, it's in the trash.

it's basically a foot in the door, you say, "hey, I'm this this and this" and if it's all normal and grammatically correct, that at least says you have enough wits about you to present yourself in a professional manner. you can follow the rules of society and therefore would follow the rules of the workplace, etc.

it's all bullshit really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.