View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 06:55 PM
The Dude minds

Default Re: The White House is asking that you report dissenting views

I shouldn't indulge you because I know you're not debating in good faith, Bob. You stringing me along here for some personal insult, But fuck it.

Let's say here's the scale of:
"Things that could possibly happen with the government collecting a list of names"

10 - Dissenters put into prison camps
5 - Dissenters will be charged with a misdemeanor of some sort.
1 - Dissenters will be sent an e-mail with "Obama's facts", setting them straight on the healthcare issue.
0 - Nothing

What will probably happen IMO, is anywhere from a 0 to a 1.

And as long as we have history books that tell us about the horrors of Nazi Germany, you can't say shit like that will never happen, because it did happen. So that has to be included in the "List of possibilities", right?

Now you may be fine with the Government compiling a list of names and doing something as benign as sending out a response e-mail, or something similar. If you're comfortable with that, fine.
I'm not.

The line for me is at 0 on that scale. Actually, my opinion is that they shouldn't even be making a list in the first place therefore there shouldn't even be a scale.

Answer me this Bob,
Why are they asking for names, or email addy's? Why can't people just cut and paste the disinformation they're asking for so they can compile a response?

Got 99 problems and they all bitches