View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Bacardi by Night

Default Re: The White House is asking that you report dissenting views

It's asking for voluntary information, that people are willing to give. It's not subversive tactics. It's just gleaning information from people who are willing to help him fight the smears. Their personal information will go into a database that he can later hit up for money. That's the way politics works.

As someone with a BA in European History and a Master's in Information Science, I can assure you this has no parallels to Nazi Germany or propaganda. I could give you a whole long diatribe explaining why comparing Obama's politely asking for voluntary information is completely different from the Gestapo, who did not have to answer to judicial review and were exempt from all German laws, but I have a feeling it would be an exercise in futility. I could see this being a concern if Obama was actually demanding information from the people and saying something like it's their "patriotic duty" to do give information. He's not. He's asking. You can refuse to give information, without having to worry about responding to the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Alozando Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
Shit. I know shit's bad right now, with all that starving bullshit, and the dust storms, and we runnin' out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution that will fix everything!