View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
Scientist

Default Re: The "ignore" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAdrock View Post
Anyone want to have a real debate now?

I'd like to talk about health care, and what you all would like to see done, what Obama should change or promote in his plan.

I'm not sure Canadian-style health insurance would work in America, though I'd like it to. Discuss!
I think when the US Government colluded with America's capitalists to start marketing and selling health and well-being aka "wealth and hell-being" (a moral travesty and mistake 1) pandora's box was opened and it is impossible for the US to have what Canada and the United Kingdom currently have (Health Canada's Medicare and NHS Trust respectively). In a sense America's health and well-being was a casualty of greed and immoral free market capitalism. I think most people appreciate that the US health care system does not work for the greatest good -- unfortunately the richest capitalists behind the healthcare industry are not shunned for believing it does work (mistake 2). I cannot see how change is possible. It would be like trying to get rid of the tax system at this point. The only possibility seems sadly to be a genuine revolution (American Revolution Part Deux) over US health care atrocities (e.g., organised protest, avoiding employers who maintain the status quo, changing voting patterns etc). The government and the people should never have sold their rights to healthcare away. It is very sad. I feel sorry for America and their current situation since so many people live their lives without the basic human right to proper health services. Once again, a genuine revolution is the only option at this point. Which is sad as well because of the potential fall out.

So that is my two cents worth -- now let the verbal bashing begin. I expect our friend RobMoney to be the first critic of the statements above but I am not psychic

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Last edited by Michelle*s_Farm : 08-11-2009 at 05:16 AM.