View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Peace & Love

Default Re: speaking of sea changes

Jobs by definition are designed to make you feel uninspired. The bottomline is another job is..... another job. It's what you take to the job that counts. I realized a few years ago when I was working at a restaurant cleaning up at night after everyone went home that it didn't matter to anyone what I thought.

Let me explain, I threw a fit all by myself because most of the tools I needed to clean up the galley hood and floors were strewn all over the place, I was pissed and completely out of sorts about the mess, I had been for months.

Then I had a mini epiphany that nobody, not my family, not my friends and especially not my boss or co-workers could give a shit if poor little yeahwho was having a tough time at work. I realized that they were paying me $15.95 an hour if I was pissed off or if i was happy. My personal feelings did not equate into the wage or the standard of work.

I raised my game, I got happy (because fuck 'em if they can't get happy) I elevated my work standard beyond everybody elses and my life improved exponentially.

It's an inside game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]