View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: The Family Album

cool party pix, dandy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
one of the things that scares me about the idea of starting stand-up is the thought that you might be funny, but your very first show might be a bad one. like, even good, famous comedians have horrible shows where despite the fact that they're doing the same act that they usually do, the audience just doesn't laugh and it's really awkward and embarrassing. and it's not because they aren't funny, it's just because they're unlucky, the audience isn't going for it tonight.

so like, what if you're just starting out, and your first show is one of those? a different audience, a different time, a different place and you'd be killing, but you wouldn't know that because you've never done a show before, you can only assume that you aren't funny and nobody will ever laugh at your act

devastating
a friend of mine is trying to do stand up, she's had mixed feelings about it. once she went to an open mic and everyone was just standing around going over their acts in their minds and/or not paying attention or laughing. at the end of her set she said, "fuck you!" to the audience. ha. which, probably would make you laugh if you knew her and the way she said it...but you don't, so nevermind....

I like to think of myself as a funny person, but I could never do stand up. I'd just start stuttering. also, I don't know how to write jokes that don't involve farts or poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.