Thread: I have a crush.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 AM

Default Re: I have a crush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
he had a substantial part in the british movie rocknrolla. i'm sure if you look up some youtube videos of that you'll find something.

the actor (idris elba) is british, but i hear that when he talks to fans of the wire, he speaks with his stringer voice. he's really goddamn convincing, i never would have guessed in a million years that he was british.

dominic west (mcnulty) is also british. i didn't notice it at first but once i found out and started listening for it, i noticed that he slips into his accent every now and then. especially when he's drunk (which is often!). it's especially funny because there's a scene in season two in which he goes undercover as a british person and he pulls a terrible fake accent. so it's an english actor playing an american character pretending to do a british accent. that must have been complicated for him.
Man, I rented Rocknrolla but I can't stand Guy Ritchie movies. I've tried to watch them all but I've never made it all the way through one. I don't remember Stringer Bell. My problem is that I almost always identify actors by their voices rather than faces. I knew about McNulty. And Mayor Carcetti too.