View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 PM

Default Re: You ever worked in fast food?

i never did one of those jobs, but i delivered pizza for a few weeks and worked in retail... yeah i ALWAYS sympathize with those kids. i actually sympathize with the girls a little more for some reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Teaching your (the general you, not yours specifically, Robert) kids that they can be considered trash by others is a good way of stripping them of entitlement though.
i think doing the jobs i really hated was good for me, as much as i never want to do them again. i think it was a good way to learn some humility and the value of money. also i think its a good way for them to see what they might have to do if they don't make something of themselves.

i took a year off from college to work because i enjoyed the money, but when i got to see how hard the mexicans i worked with had it, i went back to school with the quickness and not only did i do a double course load to graduate on time, i got really good grades. perspective.

you have people, if they were rich, would buy their kid a bmw as a first car and you have people like me who would do no such a thing. i dont care how much money i have, my kids arent getting more than the equivalent of a honda civic when the time comes.

ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
...has gone on atwixt, nay, afween the seams...

Last edited by b i o n i c : 12-17-2009 at 10:23 PM.