View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Yeah but why keep bringing the past up. Had this taken place in 88 then yeah okay I can see the hypocrite thing but it didn't. This happened at a point of their career they were more conscious of who they were as a band and how their actions affect people.

Any way I can't understand how their rights were violated. Sure if some folks think it was wrong to ask them not to play the song then fine but taking it this far with violating rights is a bit much. I mean come on lol. That would happen if the BB's were given the authority to keep the song being played indefinitely or taking the band off of the list of performers and last I checked the BB's don't work for the government. Did any of that happen? No. They still went on and played that song as they always have with the knowledge that the BB's didn't approve of it. Big deal! Plus I am sure there are many establishments who wouldn't play both BB's or Prodigy music so does that mean both bands need to file complaints because their music isn't being played?

If anything the fans should have appreciated the fact that they follow a band who hates violence against women.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews