View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
begs to differ

Default Re: Where is my CD and T-Shirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffel79 View Post
i am not saying i agree but it is what clearly said on the site, packagin containing vinyl will only be shipped june, and they never spoke of a email link, just that you would get a card with your order.
yes this is all dumb, but it's not like they changed there business

i am sorry, if you weren't happy with that, then don't order.
Ya I mean I am all set with the Vinyl and the CD...i was well aware that would take a while...CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE VINYL...I actually love that its delayed as it draws out the experience of this new album to almost 2 awesome months.

I was just bummed about the digital download...it said it plain text "all digital downloads will be available at midnight". That was very misleading for those that had a digital download in their package. It should have said "Movie will be available at midnight". Those who had followed the Re-Issue wave of '09 were shown a business model of "media ships later, digital downloads NOW" so people were not off base to expect it.

The tone of the email today was questionable, I do feel it was a bit passive aggressive to allude that it was some sort of favour to get the MP3s out, when we already purchased a digital download. It really was kind of a slap in the face.

I'm not mad, i'm just saying TopSpin isn't helping themselves calm the masses by coping a "we told you so and then did you a favour" tone. It could have easily been a HEY CATS HERE"S AN UPDATE on the stuff you already knew was going to be coming in a while.

That being said...I ordered a Hello Nasty Shirt/CD a month ago, sent 5 emails trying to figure out where it is and have gotten one reply, that said i'll get back to you and then...silence.

Its an interesting study of a group who has transcended the "old" way of doing business into the "new" way, and hopefully have learned just how entitled today's music purchasers feel....and how much of a headache it is to keep them happy!