View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 PM
not punk enough

Default Re: Link some of your favourite comedy skits

Yes, they are funny to me.

Won't name them but some of the american comedy here I didn't find actually funny but then I might not of known the characters I thought. I find some the biggest american comedians hard work. I also find Ricky Gervais very unfunny the majority of the time but he is massive in America, much bigger than the UK I think.

I can see why something is funny but it doesn't always work for me.

Both those spaced and mighty boosh bits are characters already developed into the series and you wouldn't get it if you didn't watch probably - more so with the boosh. The spaced part is reference to an earlier joke with Brian (who played the Radiology consultant in Green Wing but forgot that character name right now).

But take that mastermind two ronnies sketch, as long as you had the premise of a game show and a subject title you don't need to know what Mastermind is - I think. Some of the punchlines are related to that moment in time but they are still funny.

I love comedy, I have these stages as watching as much of it as possible and I'm currently in one. In a life where I had talent, I'd of been a stand up.

Sorry, I went into over analyse mode again.