View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

hi I'm new here, thanks to you MCAadROCKMiKEd7 I've read the thread, focusing on Adam Yauch posts, ( because it was really him right? or was it a joke ?)

I guess that the "girl" he quoted who was abused/raped by a boyfriend is kathleen Hanna, now adrock's wifey..for those who don't her she was a punk, riot girl of the 90's and now still doing some music, but also feminist lectures ( correct me if I am wrong..)..I'm pretty sure you all know that here, no big new..

I completely understand his point, he just asked him, the prodidy guy could just have said him "fuck you"in front of his face instead of saying it loud on stage to have more attention..because at the end of the day none of the beastie boys did censor them, since the band did play the song..so what's wrong with it..it would if the beasties took the power to forbid them to play it..( is that correct english ?).

On the other side, the feminism thing..ummm...I am a woman living in the same world, and one day I hope to hear someone influent talking about real man/woman equality, and not only about the woman rights...
Discrimination is existing for anyone of us (women, men, kids, adults, black, white etc..), and yeah discriminations on men exist too..so why do we rarely hear about it.. ?
Does a song like " smash your dude's up" would be as shocking ?
aren't a lot of songs out there explaining that men are silly and cruel, or how it's funny to see a woman put a man down ??

So there I am, this prodidy song is a lack of respect on women according to Yauch, I agree with it, but what about kathleen (his friend) songs for example, presenting men as pervs rapers, that women should bring a revolution toward men and society...ok I know she loves men, that she doesn't think all the men are rapers etc, I just take this as an example because she is close to the beasties and did obviously influence them on feminism.. but I've read some of her old songs..and I felt she doesn't presents men as good persons (I probably got it wrong but.. ) and that we must fight against them, against the situation...and deciding to present them like that is to me also a lack a respect to them.. and if it's not her it would be someone else..I know she is more clever than that..
So yauch if you read this (I can dream), would you really feel the same if it was the other side ? You show your disagreement on men violence but do you on women's violence? Did you even mention it once in a while?

let me explain why I am reacting like, by giving you an example:

one day on facebook a guy put an article about a woman who has raped, yes RAPED, the thief of her shop that she has captured during 3 days ...all the comments to that was " ah ah so fun" " ah ah she was right.." bla bla bla, like it's so funny and heroic to rape a man... said by people who said to be feminist and for sex equality...

And today in our medias we always see girls showing that they can beats men (in a game term), see Beyonce, Rihanna and co...like there must be a fight between women and men..
I am a woman, and I'm ok with it...if one day a man hurts me, I would put it on the person stupidity not on man/woman relation...

Sorry if I re-open and old and odd debate there..and sorry for my english..

Peace to you all !

Last edited by LucieT : 09-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.