Thread: Living Single
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 AM
technically insane

Default Re: Living Single

every time I dated a girl, I was thinking if I could spend my life with her. If I knew I could not, I would never date her are break up. This started when I was 15.

The first time I meet my wife, I wanted to be with her, she had a man. I waited 2 years before they broke up and our first date. We dated for 2 years, then I moved away to Washington DC. I never stopped thinking of her or never stopped thinking I wanted to merry her.

Now I was in a position to take a new long term job in DC, or go to Germany and work on the Air Force Base, or Go work in the Virgin Islands for the National Guard. I told them all, See you later I am going to go and find out if I found the girl I should merry, so I moved back with an agenda to date this girl for 6 months to see if we felt the same. On the day of those 6 months, I broke out the ring and we got married 6 months later.

Anyway, I could of had some great international travel stories, some great parties ... but instead I got married and had kids.

My point is the job in Germany was being a Bar tender at the Air Force Base hotel and it would of been sweet. Looking back I never regret missing out on that but people I know who went often try to make me feel like I missed something ... like the private party with Willie Nelson or what.

So, work in DC for big time politicians, Party In Germany or in the Virgin Islands ..... Well I took the open shot and 15 years later I feel like it was one of the few things I did right. I imagine in most cases the marriage would never happen and most people would be gone.

I think my point is ... it may just happen, but in my case it was very calculated with several sacrifices. Not to mention the multiple Sacrifices my wife has made just to make it last. I don't think it is easy, but if you can have a life with kids I cant imagine you will ever regret it. I feel blessed to have my own, but many couples I know adopt and they seem just as blessed with their family.

Wish you nothing but what you want...

earl@fuckyoumyman.com