View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Republican Presidential Candidates 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvano View Post
spoken like a true idiot living in a utopian fairyland....

i guess that fact that if you run a business based on your philosophy, but your competition can produce the same widget but with lower costs and better efficiently, you do realize that you probably wont be in business much longer??

based on your desires, horse and buggy companies would still be around?
Well, there are still horse and buggy companies, duh. www.buggy.com

I guess I must live in a utopian fairyland. My competition does things more cheaply and efficiently with machinery, but we choose to do most things by hand. And because we do things by hand, we can actually do more. Not the great volume of some other places, but because we are talented and know what we're doing, we get to make things for more prestigious clients.

And we get to be on TV without paying a cent for ad time, because we stand apart creatively enough to be asked to be interviewed and profiled for local news segments. A famous home decor show host even visited the store and gave us a national audience.

Do my bosses have more money than our competitors? probably not yet, but they have better reputations, and can afford a house in the city, vehicles, vacations, etc. And they're gasp...happy!

The world is not black and white, my dear. The more you flap your gums, the more you show your ignorance. I'm sorry you're so unsatisfied with life. Maybe you need to see a therapist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.