View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:37 AM
dnt ply n gm tht i cnt wn

Default Re: MCA DAY NYC: A Celebration of Adam Yauch. Saturday May 19th @ 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laver1969 View Post
Sounds cool. Exactly who is organizing this? Kinda sounds like it's well-organized and kinda sounds thrown-together...
His name is Mike Kearney; he's a college student from Boston. His links are up the top. MCA was his hero. He's doing this because none of the other fans had organised anything quite like this in New York, yet. (At least; he hadn't heard of any who had.) So he stepped up.

We just met on Facebook and he seems like a genuinely cool guy. I don't know him at all; but Beastie fans are family; right? We've chatted a bit over the past couple of days. He's supporting PWR2MCA. I like him already!

He's trying to make this as huge as possible; but he's doing his best to be careful with issues like crowd safety.

I know he would love it if any of us helped to get the word out. Mix Master Mike retweeted him the other day.

He's not on this messageboard so I said I'd help promote it here on his behalf. Anything I can do to help; y'know?

I feel very far away down in Sydney so this is my way of contributing. (I wish I could come!)

xoxoSarah