View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Beasties#2fan

Default Re: Some Rarer Items For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleets View Post
Nice.

Make an account on a band's website message board who's member just died to capitalize on you selling their products.

This thread just feels so wrong to me.
That's a little harsh, people have been posting trades, and stuff for sale here for a long time.. Anyone who's selling show vinyls and limited editions is probably more than just a passing fan looking to make a quick buck off a bad situation.

People who collect sell prized items for various reasons, bills, food, and to buy more of what they collect. In this case Beastie Boys stuff maybe. Other people get burned out by the hunt, they have it all, now time to move on to something else, sell the old collection.

The show vinyls are priced really low, and I'd buy them both if I had the spare cash, and if I did, and one day I really needed the money, I'd sell them too, I'd be sad, but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. If hornblower77 wants to cut me an amazing package deal, I'd jump.

As for account creation date. Could have been an old member from before and never re-registered, or just a lurker. I lurked here for years before creating an account. The lurker to member ratio here, I would bet is like 200 to 1.

I may have dug deeper into this than I intended, and maybe hornblower77 is a nasty opportunist trying to capitalize on Adam's death, but I really doubt it.

Disclaimer
(I am in no way affiliated with hornblower77)

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads