View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Earth may be near tipping point

people/society will not stop being consumerist and, in a way, that's comforting to me. there are bad sides to everything but i strongly believe that capitalism drives progress. we wouldn't be sitting in our mini-palaces, poking at our knowledge boxes right now had civilization taken a different, say, collective approach.

at the same time, its undeniable that there are major and dangerous changes taking place and that the earth has a low-grade fever.

it'll probably continue to get worse but i'm hopeful we'll adapt and that, if anything, all of this will be a slap in the face to all... that we need to change the way we consume. not stop consuming, but shift how we do it. this is the catalyst. it may get worse before it gets better though. there's no choice but to roll with it

making money and profit aren't evil in themselves, they're the engine that drives everything. IMO, the faster we can work greentech into the equasion, the faster climate change will have a chance of being stabilized.

maybe i'm completely wrong, but i'm optimistic.

greentech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9noGsz_HVcI < the good and the bad. the opportunities and pitfalls. half full or half empty?

my 2¢