View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
doubts your commitment

Default Re: have you ever been attracted to someone that yo have little respect for?

For a couple months several years back I dated a guy that had been really into me for years, and I had always been attracted but never did anything since I was in relationships the whole time I knew him. He was really hot but there were a lot of little things about him that were turnoffs, drank too much, totally empty fridge and just no idea how to take care of himself, I was kinda turned off by his pheromones (that shit MATTERS), etc. Also, he was really, really dumb. I would find myself explaining words to him frequently. Oh god, and he had a lot of regrettable tattoos. He was super awkward and creepy. I was always embarrassed to bring him around. And he didn't understand the tide.

The tide.

Seriously. We were at the beach and I drew the moon and the earth in the sand and no. Still didn't get it. Probably still doesn't. There were so many other dumb things, like being in the hospital and forgetting he was allergic to penicillin...sigh.

After I broke it off he went nuts and completely just lost it. I tried to stay friends but he completely cut off contact. We're both married (his wife is even pregnant) now and he and his wife had to be convinced to come to his former best friend's wedding just because they knew I would be there and didn't want to run into me. The two of them are batshit insane. I ran into him on the way to the bathroom at the wedding and laughed to myself.

lonely as a cloud in the golden state
"the longest winter that i ever saw
was the summer that i spent..."