Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post
Total bullshit. To me Breaking Bad is ridiculous all the way through, and they clearly know it. Those guys (the writers) aren't dumb, although they do cater to dumb people in places. It's very entertaining, if not on the same level intellectually as The Wire, The Sopranos etc etc.

Anyway like the quote above shows, you're just hating cuz it's popular and you think you're cooler/smarter than everyone else. You're basically being Daria about the whole thing.
I'm not hating because it's popular, I'm hating because I don't think it deserves so much critical acclaim. A friend of mine said something like "I finished Breaking Bad and had fun, but don't try to tell me that trash was art."

I've never personally attacked anyone in this thread for liking the show, but have been subject to personal insults for not liking it. That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.