Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm back.

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
see, this is frustrating to me, because i don't think it's a good reason to dismiss the show.

the hydrofluoric acid scene isn't supposed to be interesting because of the science facts it teaches you about chemistry, it's supposed to be interesting because of the things it teaches you about the characters. it shows how walt likes to take control of situations, and how jesse's hasty, lazy, and dismissive, and how he chooses to ignore walt's careful instructions and just dumps him in the bathtub. then we see the consequences of that choice, and how the characters grow as a result.

maybe the chemistry's wrong. who cares. it's a drama, not a documentary. i know art is open to interpretation and whatever but just...rggg, dismissing it because of scientific inaccuracies is almost definitely the wrong way to watch it, that bugs the hell out of me
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
I don't care as much about relationships and talking and blah blah whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
Plus I spent money and time learning to write for entertainment and I entertain people regularly. I know what a good story is. I graduated on top, and my graduating project was brought back to the stage for a best of the year revue, chosen from hundreds of scenes.

You are obsessed with fictional characters, that is fine. It is also fine to not care about fictional characters.
I'm sure the set design was great, Tim Burton.

Don't complain about personal attacks and then in so many words imply clearly that I'm stupid. You hold yourself and your opinion above me because you paid for your education and de-value whatever knowledge I may have picked up myself along the way. That's pretty snooty and rude. Obsessed with fictional characters? You mean the reason anything is written at all? There is only one story to be told after thousands of years of storytelling and it's mostly self discovery and human interaction.

If I want to discuss some black and white student film about a fat guy farting on a croissant, I'll defer to you. But if you want to get into a pop culture dick measuring contest don't expect people to wonder why you're even commenting about the subject in the first place.

You're certainly welcome to have your opinion, it's just that it seems you still have some weird dismissive tone.

You're right though, who cares?

tl:dr [/internet]

Last edited by ProfJIM : 10-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.