Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 05:23 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJIM View Post
This.

I'm sure the set design was great, Tim Burton.

Don't complain about personal attacks and then in so many words imply clearly that I'm stupid. You hold yourself and your opinion above me because you paid for your education and de-value whatever knowledge I may have picked up myself along the way. That's pretty snooty and rude. Obsessed with fictional characters? You mean the reason anything is written at all? There is only one story to be told after thousands of years of storytelling and it's mostly self discovery and human interaction.

If I want to discuss some black and white student film about a fat guy farting on a croissant, I'll defer to you. But if you want to get into a pop culture dick measuring contest don't expect people to wonder why you're even commenting about the subject in the first place.

You're certainly welcome to have your opinion, it's just that it seems you still have some weird dismissive tone.

You're right though, who cares?

tl:dr [/internet]
dude, you're the one calling people dumb and stupid. And you're practically yelling at me, your statements are dripping with attitude. I didn't call you stupid...I just think that you love fiction, and that you're taking it personally that other people aren't invested in the same kinds of stories you are.

I sound dismissive because I find your "you just don't get it" argument irritating. I get it, don't worry.

Actually, though, I don't get this:
"If I want to discuss some black and white student film about a fat guy farting on a croissant, I'll defer to you. But if you want to get into a pop culture dick measuring contest don't expect people to wonder why you're even commenting about the subject in the first place."

I don't even know what this means. I learned how to write for stage and t.v., mainstream shit. And who has a dick out? how do you measure a pop culture dick? I'm not even talking about pop culture, I'm only talking about not enjoying a show because I find it too implausible and I don't connect to the characters.

So far, all the "explanations" everyone is giving me are things I already know. I'm sorry if I sound like a dick, I'm just trying to make conversation. Guess I was out of line? didn't realize everyone would flip the fuck out over this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.