Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Smart

Arrow Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
You did address it, my apologies for not explicitly referencing you.

I understand that you find the show entertaining, and I have also found the show to be entertaining, but not entertaining enough to keep me watching. I feel like I've explained that in ten different ways.

There's a difference between pretentious and discerning. There's a difference between art and entertainment. It's clear that you don't think so, you generally criticize almost anything I say, and you believe you are the final authority, so we are at an impasse.
Don't be so passive aggressive- there's no need to put words in my mouth. Why would I believe I was the final authority and then engage in a debate? That would be really stupid. I'm just applying my own aggressive logic in response to what you're saying, that shouldn't cause you to back down or launch a personal attack on me.

I genuinely think that television drama is included as one of "the arts", although you being an American I can understand why you would feel differently, the amount of bullshit you guys are subjected to. I know people in the UK television industry and they take their art very seriously, even if the end product is whimsical or "schlocky" or whatever you feel to call it.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why