Thread: Girls
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Re: Girls

Quote:

That move appears to have been insufficient. The Beastie Boys' new lawsuit, filed in a California court, claims the GoldieBlox video has caused "injury to [the group's] business, good will and property". The hip-hop act is claiming it is "entitled to recover from GoldieBlox the gains, profits and advantages [they have] obtained as a result of [their] wrongful conduct", or an award of statutory damages for the alleged wrongful conduct.

In a statement obtained by the New York Times, GoldieBlox's lawyer, Daralyn Durie, said they were reviewing the new legal brief. "Although the ad has been taken down and we would prefer an amicable resolution, we strongly believe that the parody constitutes fair use," she said.
Do you know how much great publicity that Goldieblox is getting? I’ve seen many new interviews with the founder of Goldieblox on their company, their history, how they got started, photos etc…. so yeah I am glad they are counter-suing. The lawsuit lists Dechen Yauch and we all know she is executor of Adam’s estate so this is still a three party deal where the Beasties are concerned.

I know a lot of fans though say they are tired of the whole thing, well I am sure they are too.

What information does the lawyer have that supports it is indeed fair use though. That's where I am confused.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Last edited by JoLovesMCA : 12-12-2013 at 12:33 PM.