View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:14 PM
feeder

Default Re: What are you working on?

^^ ha ha

For money, I work for a company that does indoor air and water quality testing, and then helps people find solutions to any outstanding issues. You may have heard, we have some pollution problems here in China... It's ok. It's a decent job, my boss is great and I have a lot of autonomy. It's not as cool as when I used to be able to tell people I worked at the Science Museum, but c'est la vie.

For love, I am also on the steering committee for an expat parent community called ShanghaiMamas, helping to develop content for our website and to organize social events, that sort of thing. The group has grown from about 800 members four years ago to more than 4000 today, so that's pretty exciting. We are recognized now as a 'force' in this town, which is kind of interesting - a lot of companies want to get in good with us to promote themselves to our members, etc etc. But we're really really cautious about maintaining a real sense of trust within our community and not becoming some place where marketers can bombard our (very desirable) demographic. It's interesting times.

Beyond that, it's just the usual being a mom, being a wife, being a friend kind of stuff. Which is nice too