View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Music est. 1986

Default Re: Check Your Head turns 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I have been waiting for the 30th anniversary to share some stuff.

The original LP sequence before it was changed

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tie+collection
Wow! For those of you who haven't checked it out yet, make sure you do, not only is the sequencing different, the mixes are different too, there also there is a skit I've never heard before and what sounds like a different part of the phone message from the Professor Booty intro.

I know that So'What'Cha Want was one of the last songs they wrote for the album, but I didn't know that they almost released the album without it altogether. I wonder what the impact of the album and their career would have been if they released Check Your Head without So'What'Cha Want and the accompanying video.

Notes from Beastiemania:

"This recording is an early version of Check Your Head which does not include Finger Lickin' Good or So What'cha Want. There is one additional track that was not included on the final album. The album sequencing is different, and several of the tracks have a different title, mix, or audio."

I noticed the speed and pitch seemed a little slower on some songs and would fluctuate.

@bigfatlove06 do you have a higher quality version of this recording? Was that how the pitch was on the tape or did you change it for the video? Do you mind sharing how you got your hands on this?