View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 04:14 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: What year did you start listening to the Beasties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post

I'll admit that I didn't understand Paul's Boutique when it came out. I watched the videos on MTV but didn't get the "disco" thing.

After finding out that there was a back catalogue prior to LTI it was kind "off to the races" and I was trying to find everything. Between 92 and 96....
everything you wrote is cool but to these two specific comments...

most everyone in my orbit disliked PB, it was the walking with a panther backlash. everyone loved i'm bad then he drops i'm that type of guy and the people around me were like nah. PB instantly resonated due to the hey ladies video. i was 16 and really into 70's movies; serpico, dog day afternoon, godfather, mean streets, taxi driver and saturday night fever. hey ladies video was ripped straight from sat night fever and i instantly got it. but nobody around me got that and that made me like it all the more.

to your 2nd comment that was me too in those years, i just tried to get everything. i even called the def american office, asked for rick and begged them to send me a copy of the TTL completed version of desperado. i prob called that damn label 5 or 6 times. it didn't work obviously but it's a good memory

thank you adam adam & mike