View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 11:10 PM

Default Re: CYH Deluxe Box Set Reissued

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Well, we're on the second round of delays due to issues in "global vinyl production delays." I'm starting to wonder if this reissue is going to be noticeably different from/worse than the original collector's edition. If the records are being delayed because of issues in production, does that mean.... they aren't produced yet? I mean I get it - they probably put them up for pre-sale to gauge how many to make, then they'd move ahead with pressing them. But if the records haven't been made, and if they're planning to pump them all out at once and try to get them out the door.... I dunno. Seems like a recipe for quality control disaster, but then again I don't know shit about how records are normally pressed.
It'll be different in the sense that it is a repress. It probably won't be different or worse in the sense that it will be a reproduction of the first one, but without the potential bonus 7" and the inflation adjusted price. I know vinyl can be done on the cheap, but that isn't what this is. This seems more like gauging interest and then filling orders with a quality product. The only reason I bought any is in the hopes that they would carry forward the bonus 7" tradition. There was a nice little discussion between myself and other board members where we weighed out our complete opened sets and determined the exact weight of a release that had no 7" versus one that did down to the gram. Maybe you should dig up that convo.