View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 11:51 PM
good reactions, etc?

Default Re: I wonder why....

mmm, there's a little more to it than that, france could have done a LOT more than they did. there were units who fought valiantly (mostly colonials, which i find strange) but alot didn't do much at all, they were just overhwhelmed and panicky. i've been drinking so i forget the details exactly, but i read the berlin diaries by shirer, it's a diary he kept as a (american) correspondent in europe during the war, and as he was touring the french countryside after the blitz (of course, at the discretion of the germans), he noticed there weren't the signs of resistance and battle that he saw in places like belgium and the netherlands (like blown out buildings or shell craters in the road), it's like some people didn't even try. allied forces actually outnumbered the germans, they just got outstrategeried.

i'm really pissed at hitler for this, by the way, because after WWI was probably the best chance the world had for pacifism to catch on. but today, when you say "give peace a chance", they say "WE GAVE PEACE A CHANCE WITH HITLER LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!" in fact, let's go back further, fuck the allies too for being vengeful with the treaty of versailles. this shit really fucked the world over big time. we had a chance to give up war, and in 20 years it all got ruined. thanks guys