View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 03:03 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch
if someone is impressionable and looks up to the band, maybe it leaves them feeling like in certain cases it's ok to give a woman a smack. even if they don't smack anyone themselves, just feeling that it is ok to do that is destructive, because it makes that kind of activity just a little more acceptable in our society.

Again, i’m not saying that songs like that should be banned, but I do think that having discussions (like this one) about what affects they could have, are good.
Discussion is good......in agreement there.
But i strongly disagree with your paragraph above concerning a song inducing certain behavior.
I'll say it again......music reflects, it does not dictate.
No one ever changes their behavior exclusively because of a song or any other form of media they come in contact with.
Pre-existing mental states determine that.....

Yauch....i appreciate you coming on here and communicating with your fans.....very cool.
I'll be at the Toronto show on Nov. 9th.....i'll be the guy waiving to you in the crowd.
....kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix