View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 07:09 AM
you fucking lemmings...

Default Re: Ex-Prodigy disses Beastie Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerouac Jack
You keep talking about having a "choice". I believe Yauch was clear when he explained that he just expressed his opinion on the song to Liam, and left it up to them whether or not they wanted to perform it. They still had the "choice". If they wanted to they could have told him to fuck off. It was just Yauch's opinion on the song, and nothing else. That's not censorship at all. I agree with you 100 percent that artists should not have to worry about offending people with their art, but people are going to be offended and have the right to express that just as much as the artist has the right to say what they're saying. It's all a matter of respect. If Yauch didn't feel comfortable with the song then it was nice of Liam to respect his feelings and not play it, however, the choice to play it was still there.
if the Boys asked prodigy not to play it, and they didn't.......then isn't that taking the choice away from the audience?.....don't the thousands of PAYING fans have the right to make that choice (stay or leave) themselves?
Who are the Beastie boys to make that decision for everyone else.
I'm sorry, but THAT IS fascism in it's crudest form.

Most everyone on here is missing that point (cept for a few).....or else too busy falling all over themselves trying to agree with Yauch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix