View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Right-Wing-Christian-Neo-Conservative-Zionist-Homophobic-Xenophobic-Douche Bags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% ILL
Baptism is Biblicaly a way of expressing or identifiing yourself with Christ in his death burial and resurrection.
Except that John the Baptist was supposedly baptising people before Jesus died and was allegedly resurrected.

Quote:
A true Christian is to be Christ-like, not do whatever he wants and then say well I'm a christian so it's right.
And yet Jesus railed against many of the old testament teachings which are *STILL* published in the old testament. To be christlike is thus to challenge old conservative religious agendas. Jesus was a progressive, not a fundamentalist.

Quote:
As far as the validity of the Bible itself, The King James version is the version I read. It is commonly held to be the first English translation of the bible from the Hebrew(old testament) and Greek (new testament) in 1611 by King James I.
Nuh-uh. KJA is taken, nearly word for word, from Tynsdale, who was exiled under Henry VIII.

Quote:
The discovery of the Dead sea scrolls, was significant in proof that the text was original, and thus the King James translation to be an ccurate translation of the original text into the English language.
Actually the dead sea scrolls were considered to belong to a non-christian breakaway Jewish sect from about the same time. There is no actual evidence that they were linked directly to Jesus of Nazareth in any way shape or form.