View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Fruit striped gum

Default Re: Right-Wing-Christian-Neo-Conservative-Zionist-Homophobic-Xenophobic-Douche Bags!

Except that John the Baptist was supposedly baptising people before Jesus died and was allegedly resurrected.

As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee Mark 1:2
John the Baptist was a prophet. Jesus was baptised by him and then began his ministry.

And yet Jesus railed against many of the old testament teachings which are *STILL* published in the old testament. To be christlike is thus to challenge old conservative religious agendas. Jesus was a progressive, not a fundamentalist.
Like these teachings Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:37-40

Nuh-uh. KJA is taken, nearly word for word, from Tynsdale, who was exiled under Henry VIII.

This is inaccurate. Tynsdale's version was written before King James requested the Bible be translated into the King's English, and completed in 1611. Tynsdale was executed and his translation is available today, however his translation is not where the King James is derived. The King James was translated from the Textusreceptus or Recieved text and the Messaretic(sp?) text.
The translation is not copywrited so that anyone can copy and produce it. The newer translations are translated from a revised text and were written for profit (ie copywritted)

Actually the dead sea scrolls were considered to belong to a non-christian breakaway Jewish sect from about the same time. There is no actual evidence that they were linked directly to Jesus of Nazareth in any way shape or form.
I was not alluding that they were linked directly to Jesus of Nazareth. My purpose in mentioning them was that if translated into English the Dead sea scrolls match up to the King Jaames version of the origional text thus proving the errancy of the later revisions.

Last edited by 100% ILL : 12-06-2004 at 12:22 PM. Reason: not enough coffee