View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Peace & Love

Default Re: Rumsfeld may regret his arrogance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Raay
We are at war already. A war of words. No one has had the balls to pull a trigger yet.
The words, or war of words reminds me of a headline in last Sundays Papers by George Will, the columnist who is syndicated to every major paper in the US on Sundays. He is a tool, always has been always will be......but I digress

His Sunday Headline was "liberals disparage middle America."

Like Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz, etc., Will did not serve in the military. Since he doesn't understand war or put himself in the shoes of foreign people, the invasion of Iraq is a conundrum, a puzzle for him. It is morally relative, just another political issue.

The killing of 100,000 Iraqis who have done nothing to harm the United States and the lives of our own troops make up just another issue for political campaigns.

Few will read his complicated arguments. They will get only a marketing impression from the headline, that "liberals disparage middle America." Those words are useless -- there are no "liberals" and there is no "middle America"; there is just reality.

The entire essay is typical of the United States' current intellectual class -- a class of people lost in word games, unable to see an elephant in the living room. Declaring war and invading another country can never be accepted without a very broad and deep agreement by the advanced countries and neighboring states as to the legality, the necessity, the justice of it.

Rumsfield's schtick is just that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]