View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Fruit striped gum

Default Re: Hypocrisy defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho
All in the name of the Bible, hundreds. thousands, millions killed because of a perversion of your beliefs.....by a guy like GWB? Is this not some sort of cruel joke on the followers of Christ? If GWB does it, that's OK, It is Written.
Oh it's not at all in the name of the Bible, that these things are happening. It's in the name of oil, or the spreading of "democracy", or the peace initiative. I personally don't think anyone really pays much attention to unfulfilled Bible prophecies, why should they; it's practically been ignored for decades.
Peace is what everyone wants and indeed they shall have peace. However,certain things must take place first. One of them was the destruction of Babylon (Iraq) and another is the desolation of Damascus (Syria). It's really interesting to me to see these things come to fruition from a book that people ridicule as dead and out dated.
To me it's kind of like when Jesus said "it must be that offenses come, but woe unto him by whom they come" and I'm paraphrasing, but the point is. I have no control over what happens, I just turn on my televison and watch it transpire.