View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:04 AM
Grand Wizard

Default Re: I never did understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
No, not really, not if you follow the gist of what I wrote (albeit not all that clearly - it was kind of late at night...)

To be hypocritical, they would have to be saying one thing, and doing another. And the fact is, they aren't saying "Oh this land is really precious that God gave us, let's protect it" and then doing the opposite. They are saying, "It's ours, God gave it to us to do whatever we want with it" and then doing just that.

So, not hypocrisy - just good old-fashioned pig-headed arrrogance.
Yah, those who fall under that category .. sure. But there are those who make the "smarter" connection and see that we are all creatures of god, and man is made from the earth. And we are the protectors (there are as many interpretations of the Bible as there are churches ,probably more) But I think what was meant by the post was that all the Jesus fish bumpersticker people could care less about their fellow man. They go around preaching to other people and that is somehow help enough, don't care about anyone outside the US. They are far away, only images on the TV. People who are racist, xenophobes. It all seems to contradict with what Jesus taught. And the word Jesus look pretty cool in this font.

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky