View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
That Funky Monkey

Default Re: I never did understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.peachy
Well yes of course, but I don't think that that is what he was getting at. Unless I misunderstand, what he was asking was "how is it possible that this particular group of people who claim to espouse the values of the teachings of Jesus Christ seem to be so unconcerned about the effects of their actions on others and on the planet."
If the 'their' that appears in bold is referring to the entire Christian community of the United States as one homogenous group, then isn't it a little presumptive to ask the question as to why they (i.e. everyone who is a Christian and lives in the United States) are "allowing their gov't to kill, plunder and destroy God's green Earth and all of its inhabitants." First of all you assume to know the voting record of every Christian in the U.S., which is absurd. Second, you assume to know the daily actions of each Christian person in the US, which is absurd. Third, you asuume to know the political leanings or idealogies of each Christian in the United States, which is absurd. As much as people on here like to generalize about different groups based solely on their stereotypical associations to other organisations, any rational objective person can see right through such transparent claims.

Furthermore, keep in mind that the United States is not merely a Christian nation. It is no longer even an exclusively Judeo-Christian nation. It is rapidly becoming a Muslim-Judeo-Christian nation. The responsibility for the United States having an elected government that is willing to go to war falls on so many more shoulders, and spreads so far beyond organized religion, that to single out any one group does not make any sense. As 100% Ill stated, "The same flawed argument could be used to single out and demonize any number of religious/poilitical sects throughout the world." The whole notion is as inherently flawed as the methods developed for identifying witches hundreds of years ago.

Fool I got them bomb ass tapes...

Last edited by bb_bboy : 01-04-2005 at 11:39 AM. Reason: grammar