View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 03:44 PM
gets results.

Default Re: The Family Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by synch
Interesting. I wouldn't take the swastica if you are just making one, it would have a shock effect and I don't think your message would come across at all. It does have the most intense reaction but I think you'd have too hard a time explaining your actual message without having biased the viewer to your work.

How did the actual cow organs fit in then?

That's why I've been hesitate in using the swastika and thus no symbol in there yet.

I pulled out most of the cotton and then cut up small pieces of kidney and heart and just shoved it in there. I also had red dyed hot dogs mushed up and placed inside the cut-up limbs of the other two, which are not in picture. Those kept falling out as the four boards were hung from a wooden beam. NEedless to say, the project sparked some serious stuff and I had to endure personal attacks from fellow mates. I grew depressed and seriously questioned myself as an artist and whether or not I could continue. I felt really terrible for some time. I'm quite good with criticism, but this was just a lot of noise and attacks, not criticism of the piece itself.

-Homsar wins a lot-