View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Eminem Shouts Out Beastie Boys in BET Awards 2011 Cypher

This is pretty cool. They call it a cypher, it's not really a cypher though, they're all written raps.....anyway all those guys can really rap though. I wish they had changed up the beat once or twice. What is Premier doing in there anyway ? It's just for looks right ? I mean the beat's probably playing off a hard drive or something. That's why Eminem walked up to one of the guys and was like "hold up, don't come in yet," right ? Those guys are all rapping nice though.

As far as Eminem, he is great with the battle raps and the freestyling. He is probably one of the best there is if not the best. Technically. But as far as being a recording artist that raps, and a songwriter....you know what I mean, leaving us with something that's going to stand the test of time, like all great artists, whether they are from jazz or classical or rock or hip hop or whatever.....I mean he has some great songs, but then he does undeniably have a lot of pretty lame shit. Just totally commercial trash. I mean dude is like a multi-millionaire already, he doesn't need the money, so he's just doing it out of greed. It's a sellout. Now that is his prerogative. Some people go work in a corporate office. Eminem, he puts out corporate music. He's willing to do it to make a lot of money. However, if he were really sincere about his art, he wouldn't put this crap out. He'd be overwhelmed by feelings of shame and nausea, which would prevent him from even being able to make that kind of music. I guess it is just that he is just not as much of an artist, and more a technician.

It's not unlike these guitar players like Satriani and Steve Vai and Eric Johnson, or any musician that is really known for just ripping on their instrument. But then they really don't have any really good songs. And their fans are all guitar players. The whole battling/freestyling thing is kind of like that. Kinda one dimensional. Don't get me wrong I have respect for the skill and ability, but I can never appreciate that sort of thing as much as something like Stevie Wonder, or the Beatles, or....well I don't want to drop names all day...

Last edited by 3stooges : 10-29-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: typo