Thread: Boobies
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 AM
even when i sleep

Default Re: Boobies

Quote:
Originally Posted by montypgirl
Actually...its not silly. And they did have confidence just about different things. Before women didnt have confidence to walk into a room, to go out alone, to even speak out loud. The last 100 odd years have given women confidence to do more than they ever thought they were capable of. They were never allowed to feel capable.

And no...not all women were like this...but the majority were oppressed.

And everyone is a hypocrite at one point or another in their lives. That is how most change is instituted. The difference is can you own your own hypocrisy. I know I can.
damn thats deeper than atlantis.
pity it doesn't actually mean anything.
and since ur trying sooo hard to understand this i guess ill let u in on the lil gem - Feminism is about gendered inequalities, or the patriachry. Feminist theory suggests that there are traditional gender roles placed on women that culturally accepted and yet inherently inhibiting to their ability to act as a free individuals. Feminist's fight against the patriarchy which is the general social understanding of how a woman should behave. thats why they all like wear jeans and have crew cuts and stuff.

PS/ plz explain to me how "most change is instituted" [through contradictions??]

Quick, before I'm famous