View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Never saw the Beasties do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
I don’t think they actually say the N word. I listened to it three times and it doesn’t sound like they are actually saying it. They sound like they aren’t even saying a full word. Just a uh or something. I don’t know, I can’t imagine they would say it.

I was also at this show and I don’t remember them saying that but I might not remember.
Nah they definitely say it. Mike says it the first two times but adrock and Yauch are saying stuff under him. Then Mike says it the second time and then Yauch says it the 3rd time. They easily, easily could have replaced it each time. The third time it is not even a rhyming word. So I think it's too bad they made that choice. BUt whatever

I noticed it and was surprised. I'm not gonna defend them. I think it's not cool. Though, I can look at it through the lens of 1995 and agree with most people's hot take on it. I was around then. I said it then. I've been recorded saying it for a bit. I don't think it was cool I said it either.

Aside from that, it's a great performance. It's maybe the best one I've seen. I don't usually like it when Tip tries to do with them. At least the few recordings I've seen. He's having fun, but he fucks up every time.

I love Yauch's weird jagged movements as he finished a verse that ends before the bar is up or whatever.

message board